Tongariro Northern Circuit
- Check out the DoC website for all the track information you’ll need.
- Book your hut or camping passes online.
- Book your return shuttles HERE.
- Buy all of the food that you’ll need, plus a little extra, just in case. Download the Great Walks packing list as a guide.
- Tell someone your plans using the Outdoors Intentions form (external site) including when to raise the alarm if you haven’t returned.
- Print your hut or camping passes and the Tongariro Northern Circuit track guide.
- Follow the five essential steps of the Safety Code
Tongariro Crossing Shuttles
Leave your vehicle parked safely in National Park Village and take a shuttle to either Whakapapa Village or Mangatepopo road end. You can start the track from either point and be picked up on your return day from either point also.
See the shuttle timetable for departure and return times.